Engineering And Design: From Repetitive to Highly Engineered Products, You’re Covered
For too many companies, the process of engineering and design is littered with excess products; multiple CAD systems, Product Data Management (PDM) systems, ERP systems and more. To make matters trickier, they often are not integrated. This creates inefficiency and duplicate effort amongst individuals within the engineering department. Wouldn’t one single system that brings together all of these components without redundant data entry be the best solution?
The amount of effort in engineering and design varies by product and certainly by industry. The key to success is to maximize efficiency, allowing engineering to more rapidly support the rest of the organization.
Infor SyteLine (CloudSuite Industrial) is so versatile, it can keep your engineering and design department organized no matter what the complexity. Your company could be manufacturing highly engineered products with numerous components and thousands of BOM items. On the other hand, your company could be engineering a repetitive product built for one or more customers, with routing or BOM configuration occasionally changing. Either way, SyteLine is your most resourceful solution. Efficiency in engineering, product design, creation of item routings, bills of materials, related drawings, specifications, and contract documents are all instrumental in feeding the rest of the organization vital information. Production, purchasing, inventory control, manufacturing and sales are all impacted by speed of completion of engineering and design functions.
No matter what your Engineering challenges …
- Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Product Design & Lifecycle Management (PLM/PDM)
- Engineering Change Notice (ECN)
- Collaborative Engineering
- Revision Control
- Electronic Drawing Management
- Product Configuration
Infor SyteLine (CloudSuite Industrial) has you covered …
- Copy from past products to quickly create both the routing and bill of materials using Engineering Workbench
- Copy bills of materials from jobs, items, estimates, or production schedules
- Maintain reference information (bubble number, reference designator, assembly sequence)
- Full support of backflushing for materials, labor and machine
- Define your production standards — pieces/hour, hours/piece, fixed hours
- Support of Outside Service routing steps
- Link work orders to customer orders to measure true margins
- Drive costs by Work Center and Department
- Break out Job tracking and costing into multiple cost buckets
- Maintain a comprehensive audit trail of changes to the Bill of Material and routings
- Update part or document revision levels automatically upon incorporating changes
- Manage drawing revision control
- Attach drawings to operational steps for paperless documentation to the shop floor
- Create new item master records and BOMs from parts lists on engineering drawings
- Develop configured products based upon features and options, or rules-based selections
- Custom-configure complete or partial products where the options are automatically managed
- Render complete 2D or 3D drawings based upon configured products suitable to provide to the customer
Infor SyteLine (CloudSuite Industrial) is the key to exceptional function. Call The Lake Companies today at 920-406-3030 to learn more.