Automation and ever evolving technology is pushing Precision Machining Manufacturers to tighter tolerances, smaller components, faster turnaround and smaller lot sizes. Manufacturers are constantly pressured to reduce labor costs, while maintaining impeccable quality. When any individual product can go through a variety of differing machining operations, all it takes is one downstream operation to be out of tolerance and all the earlier operations became a costly waste of materials, money, capacity and resources. Many companies are automating this to a huge degree, purchasing incredibly expensive equipment. The result is that it shifts the requirement to the back office to ensure this equipment is effectively scheduled and utilized. The old ways of doing business are giving way to enterprise-wide technology that grows and evolves with manufacturers. The Lake Companies and Infor SyteLine ERP (CloudSuite Industrial) have been working with manufacturers in the Precision Machining Industry for decades. We offer them the luxury of greater efficiency, increased production, lower costs and greater profits.
Whatever your challenge …
- Aerospace & Defense
- Machining of heavy metal fabrications
- Machined castings
- Multi-axis requirements
- Components for industrial & commercial machinery and equipment
- Transportation equipment
- Medical and/or dental devices and implants
Infor SyteLine has you covered…
- Forecasting — Determine the right amount of raw materials and components needed to meet production requirements. Automate the calculation of forecasts and other inventory drivers, such as safety stock. Alerts notify you when actual demand varies from the plan.
- Equipment & Plant Maintenance — Manage your entire internal maintenance process, from scheduling preventative maintenance events to handling the unexpected service repair. Advanced Plant Maintenance helps prevent interruptions in production which can lead to bottlenecks in the system, inventory shortfalls and missed customer order deliveries.
- Lean Manufacturing — Including Kanban replenishments, back flushing of materials, labor & machine time, and rapid recording of production information- with or without labor recording.
- Intelligent Lot & Serial Numbers — Each item / part can have its own set of serial numbers. That includes their own uniquely formatted, intelligent serial number.
- Complete Project, Job and Product Costing — The Cost Accounting features within SyteLine support both actual costing and standard costing, providing you with the flexibility to choose the Cost Type and Cost Method that works best for each specific product. SyteLine automatically charges work order costs for customer orders to the Cost of Goods Sold upon shipment to the customer.
- Single or Multi-Site Operations — SyteLine allows your companies to work together or separate based on your needs. A “site” or organization / company represents any place where work is done. A site may correspond to company headquarters, a manufacturing plant, or a distribution center. SyteLine automates intercompany operations where sites supply each other with products or services.
- Quality Management — Quality control for incoming goods, outgoing shipments and in-process production quality checking.
- Engineering Change Control — Control and track revisions made to a Bill of Materials or to the routing of an item. When it is critical to ensure high quality, safety and consistency of products, the ECN process is crucial.
- 360° Customer Management — Manage all aspects of your relationships with customers and prospects, from estimating to invoicing to service management.
- Integrated Accounting & Financial Management — Every task performed in SyteLine that requires a financial transaction is integrated to the solution’s own accounting and financial management applications. From inventory and production transactions to shipping, invoicing, field service and more — they all flow seamlessly into accounting. View cash impact information that incorporates all anticipated sources and uses of cash. From unshipped orders to invoices, outstanding purchase orders, A/R and A/P transactions as well as current cash balances. A simple time phased snapshot of cash available on demand.
- Product Genealogy — Traceability of components and material, along with related information. Trace lot numbers, serial numbers and compliance documentation, from material receipt all the way to the finished product.
- Field Assembly / Installation Support — Some manufacturers deal with products that are sent to the customer for assembly & installation by field service staff. SyteLine easily supports this need with mobile access and updates with everything needed by field workers to complete their work. That includes drawings, manuals, technical specifications and more.
- Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) — Find out if you have the materials, people, machines, and tools you need to manufacture an item.
- Document Management & Automation — Complete management of all documentation: emails, email attachments, CAD drawings, scanned documents, outbound documents, purchase orders, invoices, estimates, and more. Document Book functionality pulls all related documentation for any manufacturing job through assemblies and all the way back to purchased materials—including certification documentation.
- Manufacturing Execution — Top manufacturers have a new secret weapon with SyteLine Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES). Real success in manufacturing requires a great planning system like SyteLine and an equally great shop floor execution system. Multiple systems on the shop floor as well as paper-based reporting and schedules simply can’t keep a modern manufacturing workforce like yours operating at peak efficiency. Utilizing touch screen technology along with drag & drop capabilities, you will accelerate and simplify shop floor operations while garnering excellent user acceptance.
- Materials and Inventory Management — Buy what you need, when you need it. Do away with side systems, which are difficult and costly to maintain. Shorten order entry time, eliminate duplicate orders, cut down on costly data entry errors, and make sure data is consistent — leaving you with more time to work on activities that grow your business.
- Application Event Automation — Customize your system without modifying your source code, and improve your workflow in the process. When you upgrade your system, you’ll automatically upgrade your customizations at the same time.
- Role-based Home Pages — No more confusing, multiple layer menus. Access everything you need with one click from one screen. Save time, be more efficient and less stressed. Everything you need is brought to you instead of you searching endlessly for it.
- Roll-forward Personalization — Change the look and behavior of screens and forms without impacting source code. This provides you the ability to adapt SyteLine where required to provide not only a functional fit but more importantly to achieve a Business Process fit. These changes are automatically migrated forward in conjunction with patches and upgrades to the base product.
- Personalized User Experiences — Personalize your user interface (UI) to fit the unique needs of your company, team, or even you as an individual user. Add, remove, and move fields and labels without having to call on IT for help. Get the information you need, when you need it.
- Mobile Information Access — SyteLine Mobile Access puts key functions on your mobile device for various user roles within the solution. This allows your staff to be productive when away from the office, with the use of their cell phone. Checking in on information from multiple sites is available for roles like Executives, Controllers, Operations Managers, Salespeople and even IT Staff.
- Hybrid Manufacturing — Any combination of engineer-to-order, configure-to-order, make-to-order, assemble-to-order, make-to-stock, Kanban and repetitive needs.
- Labor Collection / Time & Attendance — Touch screen labor recording, production status, real-time dispatching, production recording, material issues, lot & serial recording, time & attendance and manufacturing document automation.
From low volume discrete to high volume repetitive needs, The Lake Companies and Infor SyteLine (CloudSuite Industrial) have powered solutions for the Precision Machining Industry for over 28 years. SyteLine enables the processes you need to accelerate production and exceed customer demands. It is flexible enough to let you shape the ERP solution to the unique needs of your company. At the same time, SyteLine is a powerful, easy-to-use solution that streamlines internal processes. It speeds information, whether tolerances, electronic documents, production schedules, costs and more to the people who need it quickly. For more information on how Infor SyteLine ERP (CloudSuite Industrial) and The Lake Companies can help your business overcome its challenges in the Precision Machining Industry, call (920)406-3030.